Registration is now open for the March 29, 2019, University of North Texas College of Health and Public Service 2019 Master of Public Administration Annual Alumni-Student Conference and Luncheon. This year’s theme, Emerging Together: Working in Unity for Community, will celebrate the power of public service and focus on how communities come together to overcome difficult times, such as major disasters and other tragedies.
“The 2019 UNT MPA luncheon and conference is the premier event in North Texas for public sector leaders to gather for networking and discovering how we can better serve the public,” said Brian Collins, chair of the department. “With local and national leaders sharing best practices and innovative solutions, attending this event is a wise investment of your time.”
This year’s event features keynote speaker Ron Patterson, president of the Frisco Economic Development Corporation, one of UNT’s partners in Collin County. Patterson will talk about the innovative ways his city is attracting major corporate headquarters, driving a strong workforce and leading the way with a city named one of the best places to live in America.
- 7:30 a.m. – Registration opens
- 8-9:30 a.m. – Mock interviews
- 8-9 a.m. – Internships: The Ultimate Return on Investment!
- 9-9:30 a.m. – Introduction of the Manager in Residence Program and Mentor/Mentee Relationship sign ups
- 9:30-11 a.m. – Morning panel session
- Molly Fox, CPC, director of communications, Town of Flower Mound
- Donald R. Parish, Jr., founder/president, A Steady Hand
- Melissa J. Sieben, ICMA-CM, assistant county administrator, Unified Government, Wyandotte County, Kansas City, Kansas
- 11 -11:30 a.m. – Networking
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. – Keynote speaker
- 1:15-2 p.m. – Introduction of Nonprofit Leadership Studies Student Showcase and dessert reception
- 2 p.m. – Networking happy hour at Eastside
Individual pre-registration costs $45, with on-site registration costing $65. Student tickets cost $10 and businesses, organizations or individuals can sponsor a student for $45, which covers conference attendance and MPA comprehensive exam meals for students throughout the school year.
All event proceeds will benefit the MPA Alumni Scholarship Fund, the MPA Excellence Fund and the Ron Whitehead Internship Award. Sponsorships may be considered tax-deductible.