URCM recognized for excellence in communication materials
DENTON (UNT), Texas — The Division of University Relations, Communications and Marketing at the University of North Texas has received national awards from four professional organizations for promotional materials.
URCM achieved three merit awards in the 28th Annual Educational Advertising Awards presented by the Higher Education Marketing Report. The following UNT recruitment materials were recognized:
- Merit Award for First Time in College Viewbook
- Merit Award for A Day in Your life on Campus Video
- Merit Award for Student Recruitment Advertising Campaign
The Educational Advertising Awards is the largest educational advertising awards competition in the United States, receiving nearly 3,000 entries this year. Participants included more than 1,000 higher education institutes covering all 50 states and several foreign countries. The complete list of winners can be seen online.
- Silver in student recruitment videos
- Bronze in video features
CASE, one of the world’s largest professional organizations, promotes advancement of education, focusing on key areas such as alumni and donor relations, recruitment, marketing and development.
UNT Printing and Distribution Solutions was recognized by the In-Plant Printing and Mailing Association (IPMA) and the Association of College and University Printers (ACUP) for a variety of communications materials.
PDS was honored in nine categories of the IPMA awards for in-house communications collateral:
- Gold award for the College of Music Viewbook
- Gold award for the "Green Light" campaign
- Gold award for URCM "Working with the Media" newsletter
- Gold award for McConnell Society Concierge business card
- Silver award for the UNT Research magazine
- Silver award for the Student Affairs "Year in Review" annual report
- Bronze award for the College of Visual Arts and Design "Regents Professor Elmer Taylor" brochure
- Bronze award for the UNT "Advising Guidebook" catalog
- Bronze award for the UNT Track and Field poster
The IPMA awards recognize excellence in communications materials produced in-house.
PDS was recognized in two categories for the production of the following viewbooks:
- College of Visual Arts and Design Viewbook — Graphic Design
- College of Music Viewbook — Offset Color
The ACUP awards honor managerial and production initiatives.