DENTON (UNT), Texas -- The University of North Texas' Printing & Distribution Solutions won nine awards at the 2016 In-Print Competition, co-sponsored by the In-Plant Printing and Mailing Association, the nation's largest organization for print shops housed in larger organizations that they service, and In-Plant Graphics Magazine.
"Printing & Distribution has a long history of being one of the top award winners at the In-Print Competition each year," said Lora Connaughton, director of Printing & Distribution Solutions. "We consistently strive to produce exceptional quality work with every print order and that effort shows with being recognized at these type of competitions."
PDS won the second highest number of awards, trailing only behind the University of Oklahoma in a competition that included 430 entries from organizations like World Bank, Nestle Purina, Briggs and Stratton and the University of Texas at Austin.
PDS won the following awards:
- Gold in the "Magazines" category for the UNT Research Magazine
- Gold in the "Flyers" category for the UNT Health Science Center Career and Technical Education flyer
- Silver in "Catalogs" for the All About UNT catalog
- Silver in "Flyers" for the UNT Health Science Center Career and Technical Education arts poster
- Silver in "Greeting Cards/Programs" for the 125th Holiday Cheer Card
- Bronze in "Booklets" for the Oklahoma Freshmen Viewbook
- Bronze in "Flyers and Posters" for the North Texas Football poster
- Bronze in "Brochures" for UNT Libraries' The Black Academy of Arts and Letters brochure
- Bronze in "Booklets" for the UNT College of Engineering Annual Report
"Winning an award for the Freshman Viewbook is one we are particularly proud of," Connaughton said. "That is the primary piece used to recruit prospective students, and knowing that we had a part in providing a book that the print quality ranks with the top universities in the country is very exciting."
The winners will be honored on June 22 at the In-Plant Printing and Mailing Association awards banquet in Denver.
About Printing & Distribution Solutions
Printing & Distribution Solutions' commitment to providing the best quality services and products has allowed it to become a full service printing, promotional products and mail services partner to the UNT community. Approximately 85 percent of its total work is made using digital equipment. PDS produces more than 35,000 projects per year, with the print operation producing more than 5,000 projects per year, and the Eagle Images Digital Print Center producing more than 30,000 projects per year.