What: 2021 UNT Equity & Diversity Conference: “Facing the Future Together: Allies, Accomplices and Action”
When: 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. March 23 (Tuesday); Registration deadline is March 16.
Where: Online; Registration information can be found at http://edc.unt.edu/.
Media: Journalists interested in attending virtually and discussing the importance of the event should contact Trista Moxley at Trista.Moxley@unt.edu or 850-543-8132.
Experts and participants alike will come together at the event designed to focus on building community and creating coalitions for the change needed now more than ever. UNT’s Division of Institutional Equity & Diversity stands “UNiTed” facing the challenges of a global pandemic, a national reckoning with institutional and structural racism, and answering calls to action cultivating both allies and accomplices for social change. The 21st year of the conference will join recent allies to the struggle for social justice, active allies standing in solidarity with minoritized groups and accomplices affecting change.
Workshop topics include:
- Supporting Undocumented Students
- Equity Leader Essentials: What Corporate Leaders Need to Know (Presented by Michaels)
- Exceeds Standards: Leveraging Employee Evaluations for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (Presented by Peterbilt)
- Queer, Dyke, and Other Words
- Challenging Capitalistic Exploitation: Black Feminist/Womanist Commentary on Work and Self-Care
- Navigating Boundaries in the Workplace with Staff of Color
- Disability and Inclusion
- Managing Towards Inclusion with Courageous Conversations
- Beyond Bubble Baths: Self Care & Mindfulness
- LGBTQ+ 101 - Aspiring Allies Want to Know
- American-Muslim or a Muslim in America? Post 9/11 Realities
- Protest Music (Presented by UNT Division of Digital Strategy & Innovation)
- Teaching Diversity and Health
Social Media: Participants can follow and engage with the conversation at @EquityDiversity or through #EDC21atUNT.