When/Where: 6 - 8 p.m. Nov. 8 (Thursday) in the Lyceum of the UNT Union, located at 1155 Union Circle Dr. in Denton.
Cost: Free and open to the public.
Who: The panel includes:
- Becca Wegman, owner and CEO at TM Advertising, the first and only female-owned independent advertising agency in Dallas.
- Laura Hinguanzo-Andrade, director of agency operations at Dieste. An award-winning practitioner, her clients have included AT&T, Anheuser-Busch, Chrysler, Nissan, PepsiCo, P&G and Taco Bell.
- Diane Seimetz-Duncan, principal at Launch Agency. As creative director and brand partner, her work has helped the Launch team start a series of dot-com and brick-and-mortar success, including Match.com, Hotels.com and eatZi’s Market and Bakery.
- Margie Bowels, director of content strategy at HCK2 Partners in Addison. Among a roster of Fortune 500 companies, her clients have included NASA and the Smithsonian Institution.
- Kathy Leonard, president and CMO of Freeman + Leonard. A veteran of the account service arena, Leonard has served in executive roles for a number of establishments.
- Sheri Broyles, an award-winning professor of advertising at UNT, will moderate.
Background: The event is designed to highlight the shift in the once-male dominated advertising industry and to recognize women’s contributions to advertising.
The panel of pioneering female advertising professionals will address how the ad business has evolved, how women’s roles have changed over time and what’s next for women in the field. A Q&A will follow.
The event is hosted by the UNT Mayborn School of Journalism, Sally Beauty and SWOOP, a student-run advertising and public relations agency on the UNT campus.