UNT experts available for Autism Awareness Month
DENTON (UNT), Texas -- In advance of World Autism Awareness Day on April 2 and National Autism Awareness Month this April, experts from the University of North Texas Kristin Farmer Autism Center are available to discuss rising prevalence rates in autism, the importance of early identification and early intervention and more autism-related topics. They can also talk about services provided by the UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center, which opened in 2012.
- Expertise: Autism intervention, autism research, autism therapies, training professionals to work with people with autism, evidence-based practices for students with disabilities, classroom behavior management.
- Contact: Callahan@unt.edu or 940-369-7426
Heather Hughes, associate executive director of the UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center
- Expertise: Autism assessment, multidisciplinary team collaboration and intervention planning, evidence-based interventions for autism, social skills interventions, positive behavior supports, and administration and evaluation of special education programs.
- Contact: Heather.Hughes@unt.edu or 940-891-6858
Susan Nichols, director of intervention services at the UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center
- Expertise: Autism intervention, applied behavior analysis, evidence-based practices, training professionals to work with people with autism
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-565-3597