UNT Alumni Association, URCM earn awards for excellence in communication materials
DENTON (UNT), Texas -- The Division of University Relations, Communications and Marketing at the University of North Texas and the UNT Alumni Association received a cumulative 15 awards from professional organizations for excellence in promotion of the university.
Several individuals worked with division staff members to produce the award-winning materials, which included videos, magazines, photography, annual reports and advertising campaigns. The materials were prepared to promote UNT's range of academics, research, and innovative student programs as well as the university's value to the North Texas region and to the state.
URCM earned eight awards from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education for outstanding work in institutional advancement within District IV, which includes colleges and universities in Texas, New Mexico, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Mexico.
- Grandparents University – Video Feature
- UNT/Chronicle of Higher Education Campaign Advertisement – Print Advertising Projects
- Michael Faircloth – Color Photograph-Structured
- Basketball Champs – Color Photography-Candid
- UNT Research magazine 2010 – Magazines-four colors throughout
- College of Music Viewbook – Visual Design-Viewbooks
- UNT/Wall Street Journal Campaign/Brian Waters Ad – Print Advertising Projects
- The North Texan, Summer 2010 – Magazine Design-Complete Unit
The UNT Alumni Association won a silver award from CASE in the E-newsletters category for its September and October 2010 UNT Alumni E-newsletter.
URCM earned three Quill Awards from the Dallas International Association of Business Communicators. These awards recognize outstanding work of professional communicators from the Dallas-Fort Worth area for their professional communications expertise.
Award of Excellence:
- The North Texan, Summer 2009 by The North Texan Team – Four-color Magazines
- UNT Annual Report 2009 videos by Gary Payne – One-time Video Program/Overall Production
Award of Merit:
- UNT Annual Report 2009 by the Annual Report Team – Annual Reports
URCM earned three Ava Awards, which recognizes outstanding work by creative professionals and their entries of film, analog and digital productions. The Ava Awards are administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals.
- Video Viewbook – Educational Institution
UNT News Service Phone Number: (940) 565-2108