Top-notch fashions from UNT students reap awards
Students from the fashion design program in the University of North Texas College of Visual Arts and Design clinched 14 awards in Fashion Group International's 43rd annual Dallas Career Day for their original work -- ranging from cocktail dresses to menswear.
The students competed with about 1,000 participants from 37 schools in 12 states at a one-day educational symposium April 13 at the World Trade Center in Dallas. The event ended with a juried runway show featuring hundreds of students' designs from schools around the nation.
Awards were presented to the following UNT students:
- Cassandra Bumpous -- First place in Cotton Design, City Sewing Award
- Jacqulyne Crowley-- Second place in Cotton Design
- Jelyn Hobson -- First place in Menswear
- Allison Mayes -- Third place in Bridal Design
- Kim Pham -- Second place in Fashion Illustration, first place in EcoGator Design, second place in Wool Design
- Martha Rettberg -- Third place in Menswear
- Miguel Sanchez -- Third place in Wool Design
- Gordon Steinecke -- Second place in Menswear
- Bao Tran -- First place in Fashion Illustration, first place in Career Wear Design, first place in Cocktail/Eveningwear
UNT News Service Phone Number: (940) 565-2108