Fifteen UNT students receive Frank W. Mayborn Graduate Scholarships
Fifteen students, all earning master's degrees in journalism, will receive scholarships of up to $10,000.
The institute is named for longtime newspaper publisher and civic leader Frank W. Mayborn, who owned the Temple Daily Telegram, Killeen Daily Herald and KCEN-TV/Channel 6, Temple's NBC affiliate, before his death in 1987.
The Frank W. Mayborn Graduate Institute of Journalism was founded in 2000 through a gift from the Frank W. & Anyse Sue Mayborn Foundation Advise and Consult Fund at Communities Foundation of Texas. Through this gift, the Mayborn Graduate Institute is able to offer up to $200,000 in scholarships every year. The scholarships are for one academic year and can be renewed for an additional year.
This year's Mayborn Scholarship recipients are:
- Damian Imonitie Atamenwan of Kaduna, Nigeria
- Fabianna Blanco of Caracas, Venezuela
- Kyle Blankenship of Houston, Texas
- Nathan Battaglia of Denton, Texas
- Morganne Nikole Cameron of Houston, Texas
- Aaron James Claycomb of San Antonio, Texas
- William Darnell of Houston, Texas
- Amelia Jaycen of Glen Rose, Texas
- Lauren Levine of Coppell, Texas
- Lucinda F. Lopez of Edinburg, Texas
- Megan Middleton of Mansfield, Texas
- Jennifer Nassar of Long Beach, Mississippi
- Amanda Ogle of Peaster, Texas
- Staci Lynn Parks of West Monroe, Louisiana
- Sydni Walker of Rowlett, Texas