Back to school supply drive benefits Denton Friends of the Family kids
DENTON (UNT), Texas -- The University of North Texas is helping to ensure that children affected by relationship violence and sexual assault have everything they need for the upcoming school year. The UNT Libraries Community Service Committee is coordinating donation areas for the 2008 Back to School Supply Drive benefiting Denton County Friends of the Family.
- Backpacks (for all ages)
- Facial tissue (large boxes)
- 12x18 manila paper
- 12x18 construction paper
- Black/red/blue pens
- White glue/glue sticks
- Scissors (blunt point and sharp point)
- #2 pencils and pencil bags
- Color pencils
- Water color paints and brushes
- Rulers and protractors
- Writing tablets
- Pocket folders
- Spiral notebooks
- College and wide-rule paper
- Dividers and composition notebooks
Donation boxes are located at the entrances of:
- Willis Library located at 1506 W. Highland St., Science and Technology Library at 307 Avenue B
- Chilton Media Library at 410 S. Avenue C
- Discovery Park Library at 3940 N. Elm St
The drive ends July 31 (Thursday).
Friends of the Family is the sole provider in Denton County of shelter and free outreach services to those impacted by relationship violence and sexual assault while partnering with the community to promote a society free of violence.
For more information, e-mail questions to Julie Leuzinger, UNT Willis Library stacks manager, at Julie.Leuzinger@unt.edu.